Clinton Howell’s Holiday Giveaway Social Media Contest (“Contest”) is only open to legal residents of Canada aged eighteen (18) or older at time of entry except employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of Re/Max Escarpment Realty Inc. (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at their time of entry must have the permission of their parent/legal guardian to enter this Contest or win a Prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal laws and regulations.
Re/Max Escarpment Realty Inc. 2180 Itabashi Way, Unit 4A, Burlington, ON L7M5A5.
The Contest begins on Tuesday December 5, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends on Monday, December 18, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
- Contest Details:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase is not necessary to enter or win. Enter on Facebook: To enter the Contest on Facebook, you must comment your guess on the Facebook post with the picture of the Hersey Kisses in a jar posted on December 5, 2017 at 12 p.m. In addition, you must like the post. This image will be clearly identified as the contest image, with the first one being posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. You must ‘like’ the official Clinton Howell Page (the “Facebook Page”) on Facebook. (Note: you can un-like at any time after the Contest ends without impacting your chances of winning). To like the Facebook page, you must:
- visit facebook.com/ClintonHowellRE/ OR
- from your Facebook home page, click on the “Search” tab and perform a search for “Clinton Howell” AND
- click on the “Like” button corresponding to the Facebook Page.
Any Entry that does not follow the format specified above (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest. When an eligible entrant makes an Entry in accordance with these rules, he/she will be eligible to receive one (1) Entry (each, an “Entry”) in the random Prize draw. Entrants are able to make a total of 10 Entries throughout the contest period. An Entry will be considered to be void if it:
- Is not submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules;
- Does not include the information required under these Rules in respect of the platform it is posted on
- Does not comply with the Facebook terms and conditions (as applicable); and/or
- Is not otherwise in accordance with these Rules, including, without limitation, the specific Submission Requirements listed below (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit an Entry via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime and/or data in relation to each standard text message sent and received. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Entry Limit: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to obtain more than one (1) Entry and/or use multiple names, identities, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified from the Contest. The Sponsor and each of the other Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries/Posts/Photos (all of which are void).
Prizing: One (1) Prize available $100 Earl’s card (“Prize”) valued at $100 CAD. The prize is subject to all terms and conditions placed on it by its issuer. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, a cash award.
- Selection of Winner:
- On December 19th, 2017, at approximately 11AM ET, in Burlington, Ontario, one (1) winning contestant will be selected by Sponsor’s representative from amongst all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The winning contestant will be selected based on closest guess to actual number of candy canes in the draw. If there are two (2) or more guesses that either exactly guess the number of candies in the jar, or are the same closeness to the actual number, a random draw will take place.
- The selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question to claim the Prize.
- The selected entrant will be informed they are a potential winner via direct message on Facebook or by any other contact methods as may be available to the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Once contacted, the selected entrant will have seven (7) days to respond and claim a Prize. If the selected entrant:
- Fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question
- Fails to respond to the Sponsor’s notification within the specified time
- cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or
- Is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion);
Then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
By entering this Contest, each entrant:
- releases the Sponsor, its parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of a Prize or any portion thereof; and
- if selected as a winner, agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- General Conditions, Guidelines and Restrictions:
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts (on a particular platform) to enter will be ineligible.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or other failure.
- Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using any personal information submitted and/or associated with his/her Entry only for the purpose of administering the Contest. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.